Principles of Leadership
Here are ten principles of leadership, that you could use as a checklist:
- Know yourself and seek self-improvement. In order to know yourself, you have to understand your be, know, and do, attributes. Seeking self-improvement means continually strengthening your attributes. This can be accomplished through reading, self-study, classes, etc.
- Be technically proficient. As a leader, you must know your job and have a solid familiarity with your employees’ jobs.
- Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions. Search for ways to guide your organization to new heights. And when things go wrong, they will sooner or later, do not blame others. Analyze the situation, take corrective action, and move on to the next challenge.
- Be decisive. Use good problem solving, decision making, and planning tools.
- Set the example. Be a good role model for you employees. They must not only hear what they are expected to do, but also see.
- Know your people and care about their well-being. Know human nature and the importance of sincerely caring for your workers.
- Communicate well. Keep your people informed. Know how to communicate with your people, seniors, and other key people within the organization. Ensure that tasks are understood, supervised, and accomplished
- Develop your people. Encourage good character traits within them that will help them carry out their professional responsibilities.
- Train your people to work as a team. Although many so called leaders call their organization, department, section, etc. a team; they are not really teams…they are just a group of people doing their jobs.
- Use the full capabilities of your organization. By developing a team spirit, you will be able to employ your organization, department, section, etc. to its fullest capabilities.
Learn the ‘Microwave Method’ of leadership
Two of the most vital elements of leadership are a compelling vision and an inspirational communication style. Both arise from within, but both can be developed. They are the twin competencies that separate great leaders from ordinary managers, and they are the main elements of this programme.
Focusing on communication, the programme will not only develop the necessary high-level skills, but guide your understanding of why people will follow you.
It’s not what you say, but how you say it, that matters most. You will learn how to speak with conviction and authority, projecting your strategy and getting the results your business needs. You will learn how to inspire great achievements. You will learn the ‘Microwave Method’ of leadership, first developed by Phillip Khan-Panni in the 1980s and now much copied.
This programme will benefit any person in a leadership position—managers, directors, business owners, politicians, consultants, football managers and others in public roles, including those with multicultural staff and clients.
Let us help you take your team to new levels of achievement and self-belief.
Please call or email us for details of any course, and for our fees. All our courses can be in-house or open, and online training modules will shortly be available. They will give you access to our training in a low-cost and convenient way.
enquiries: 0845 1659240 (+44 (0)845 1659240)
alternative: 07768 696254 (+44 (0)7768 696254)
For a dynamic motivational speaker, go to: www.phillipkhan-panni.com